Here we go...
42” square of flannel for blanket back
32” square of flannel for blanket front
Use ¼ inch seams.
1. Lay the two pieces of fabric right-sides together.
2. Mark the center of each side (on both pieces) with a pin.
3. One side at a time, pin the 2 fabrics together starting at the center marks. This leaves extra fabric sticking out on each corner, since the back piece is larger than the front piece.
5. Fold the blanket in half, so it is shaped like a triangle. Working with one corner at a time, Sew a line from the “stopping point” to the fold. This line should be a 90 degree angle to the fold.
6. Repeat for all corners. This is important: turn the blanket right-side out and check to make sure your corners look right. If they do, then turn the blanket inside-out again and proceed.
7. Cut off the excess from each corner.
8. Turn the blanket right-side out. Press entire blanket.
9. Topstitch along the seam all the way around the inner square, making sure to sew the opening shut.
Head on over to Flannel Queen to shop for fabric or pick up a Self-Binding Blanket Kit.