Monday, May 23, 2011

McCalls 6697 Girls Pajama Set

I finally got around to making little T this cute pajama set!  She loves when I make her cotton nightgowns, which are so hard to find nowadays, and I probably still will make her one, but this pattern was just screaming to be made from Riley Blake's Daydream fabrics.  The soft, buttery colors had retro p.j.'s written all over them!

I used this 1960's McCall's 6697 pattern:

Here is the finished product:


Okay, so my kids can only last so long with the picture-taking thing:)

I stuck pretty closely to the pattern.  The only things I altered were making the yoke, pockets & button facing all out of the coordinating floral fabric.  I also scrapped the neck facing and instead made my own bias tape out of Daydream's Sea Breeze fabric.  I think when making kids clothes, less facing is more.  They don't like the clothes to feel "weird" or complicated in anyway.  And the more the item looks store bought, the more likely they are to wear it:)


The bias tape is super easy to make.  I'll try and make a tutorial for that soon!

Pattern: McCalls 6697 
Fabric: Riley Blake Daydream Collection - Coral Dots, Coral Petit Floral, Sea Breeze Solid
Level: Intermediate
Summary: Pattern was clear & easy to follow.  Finished garment turned out just as I hoped.  100% satisfied.


4 comments:

  1. These are so sweet! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wishessheweresewingMay 24, 2011 at 1:12 PM

    Funny how the bias tape doesn't look like it's on the bias...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and very sweet....and the pajamas are great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.

    Most of the kids PJs in the store are just icky. I much prefer making my own too.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have a lot to say? Here's your chance!