Thursday, April 23, 2009

Quilt Festival



Park City Girl is holding a blogging quilt festival. I can participate in a quilt festival if I've only created one quilt, right? Well, I really only did the quilt top. The real quilter ladies did the rest. Here's the story:

After having 3 boys, I found out number 4 was a girl. I immediately went shopping. Then I began planning the nursery. I was all set to do bold, bright colors. One day, I happened upon a quilting magazine (I can't remember which one, sorry!) which had the perfect vintage-style nursery bedding. Love at first sight. The instructions said it was "easy", so I dove right in. Never mind that I'd never quilted before. This looked fun! My sister came to visit one weekend, and she inspired me to "close your eyes and sew!" OK, not literally, but the point was, stop thinking so much, and SEW!!! I finished the quilt top, and then my mother-in-law's sister offered to do the quilting and binding. ANGEL!

The quilt now hangs above my daughter's big-girl bed. I still love it.





The quilt hanger is from Village Quilt Shop. I love that place.

14 comments:

  1. Such a precious quilt! Your colors are absolutely beautiful. This will definitely become a heirloom piece, and may your daughter appreciate it for the rest of her life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful.....and WOW for your first quilt..really remarkable....what an adorable little girl you have too...Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely quilt that is filled I'm sure with lots of wonderful memories. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your quilt. It is so soft looking. So very "girly."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt as well as the little sweetie that is modeling it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! Love your hanger too :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful quilt. Isn;t ignorance the greatest motivator. We start and then have to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sara,
    your quilt is beautiful! I love the soft colors & the "simple" but beautiful pattern & setting...! Thanks for sharing...& thanks for visiting my blog ;o)
    Julia
    {P.S: The quilt hanger is gorgeous, just perfect for this quilt!}

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful quilt, you did an amazing job. Love the story too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love how you've hung it in her room, too. I want to do something similar in our nursery. I'll have to try to find a similar hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How funny! I am expecting and am very curious to know if after 3 boys I am having a girl. We are going the old fashioned way, and won't be finding out until baby's here. I would love to know though because then I could maybe start a pink quilt!!

    Very cute quilt. It will surely be a family treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so pretty. I had 2 boys first and now I have a baby girl, almost 7 months old. I'm still planning her quilt in my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have a lot to say? Here's your chance!