Monday, November 22, 2010

Domestic Diva Apron

Who wouldn't feel like queen of the kitchen while wearing this apron? I have been eyeing the Domestic Diva collection by Riley Blake for some time. I decided to make an apron using these fabrics, and I love the way it turned out: beautifully retro!
I had such a hard time deciding which fabrics to use. They are all great! Browse the collection at The Dizzy Daizy. You can find ric rac at The Dizzy Daizy and Flannel Queen.

I made up the pattern for this apron. Here are the basics: 3" band on top, made long enough to wrap back around and tie in front; gathered skirt; 4" band on bottom; ric-rac lined pockets made with squares cut from a Domestic Diva panel.
If you need a pattern, here are some fun ones to choose from:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a lot to say? Here's your chance!