Monday, April 8, 2013

Ruffle Skirt Tutorial

I had some really cute cotton fabric remnants from Riley Blake, so I decided to make my daughter a ruffle skirt. I searched online and found this tutorial by Dana Made It.
Layered Skirt by Dana Made It
Basically, for each ruffle layer, you have a ruffle and a connecting piece. I like this tutorial, but because my daughter wanted a longer skirt, I knew I needed to make some alterations. I ended up following the instructions by Dana Made it, but I added two layers. This skirt is very easy to make!


I also found this other tutorial which has you sew the underskirt first and then attach the ruffles. I have some denim knit that I think I'll use with this other tutorial. Any tips for sewing with knit?

1 comment:

Do you have a lot to say? Here's your chance!